
One of the doctors in the NICU told me about a website that hosts free pages for people dealing with serious health issues. I thought this would be a great way for all of our friends and family to be able to stay updated on Jase. So I started him a page there, but it was not very user-friendly, so I decided to just start a blog where I could post as many pictures as I want and that would be easy to use. So the first several posts I am just copying and pasting from the other site. Enjoy!
Jason Andrew was born on Friday, January 11, 2008. I had been dealing with high blood pressure for over two months, and that week it worsened to preeclampsia. I was hospitalized from Monday - Wednesday the 7th - 9th, and then was sent home. My doctor hoped that with bedrest, I would be able to stay pregnant for another 6-7 weeks. However, in the very early hours of Friday morning, I had a nagging headache and knew that things were just not right, and called the doctor. Dr. Gallagher sent me right to the hospital. Upon arrival, my blood pressure was 210/118, and the doctor decided that it was time for the baby to come. The preeclampsia was severe, and the only cure for it was delivery. To allow the pregnancy to continue would put the lives of both me and the baby in danger. At first Dr. Gallagher was going to induce labor, but the baby began to have some heart rate decelerations. So she decided the best course of action was to perform an emergency Cesarean Section. So at 8:52 that morning, Jase entered the world at only 30 weeks and 5 days gestation - almost 10 weeks early. I got a quick glimpse of him in the operating room, and then he was taken immediately to the NICU for assessment and treatment. He seemed to be healthy for his gestational age. He weighed 3 pounds and 4 ounces and was 15-3/4 inches long.
Jason Andrew was born on Friday, January 11, 2008. I had been dealing with high blood pressure for over two months, and that week it worsened to preeclampsia. I was hospitalized from Monday - Wednesday the 7th - 9th, and then was sent home. My doctor hoped that with bedrest, I would be able to stay pregnant for another 6-7 weeks. However, in the very early hours of Friday morning, I had a nagging headache and knew that things were just not right, and called the doctor. Dr. Gallagher sent me right to the hospital. Upon arrival, my blood pressure was 210/118, and the doctor decided that it was time for the baby to come. The preeclampsia was severe, and the only cure for it was delivery. To allow the pregnancy to continue would put the lives of both me and the baby in danger. At first Dr. Gallagher was going to induce labor, but the baby began to have some heart rate decelerations. So she decided the best course of action was to perform an emergency Cesarean Section. So at 8:52 that morning, Jase entered the world at only 30 weeks and 5 days gestation - almost 10 weeks early. I got a quick glimpse of him in the operating room, and then he was taken immediately to the NICU for assessment and treatment. He seemed to be healthy for his gestational age. He weighed 3 pounds and 4 ounces and was 15-3/4 inches long.
No comments:
Post a Comment