Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday, February 20, 2008




Last night, I had an exciting surprise. I went over to Sara's house with some friends from work. We were having dinner to celebrate someone's birthday. However, when I got there, it was actually a surprise baby shower! It was so much fun - thanks Sara (and everyone else)! The food was delicious (especially the cake - I'm eating a leftover piece right now) and the gifts were wonderful! Sara made a "diaper cake" covered with clothes and some other things. It looked great! It is so nice to have good friends.


Speaking of good friends...it has been great receiving some comments on here, but mostly emails from old (and current) friends. It is so encouraging to know how many people are praying for us! And it's also great to hear from people I haven't seen or talked to in a while. So please, if you are reading this, let me know - leave a comment or send me an email. Seriously, it brightens my day to get little notes from people. I can't respond to everone right now because of time constraints, but hopefully I will get around to it sometime. And just out of curiosity, how did everyone find out about this (specifically Rachel - I do definitely remember you, and it's good to hear from you!)


Jase is holding steady - still doing well off oxygen, still not doing great eating. A couple of weeks ago, he was having really bad problems with reflux, so they started him on Zantac. But then his reflux appeared to totally go away (which isn't really what Zantac is supposed to do) so they took him off of it. But now it has come back, but not nearly with the vengeance it had. So they are restarting his Zantac in hopes that will help his feeding issues to resolve some. He has had two eye exams, to make sure the blood vessels in his eyes are growing properly - many times in preemies they do not. But his are doing fine. He has to continue to have the exams until they have finished growing, but so far, so good. So really, at this point, we are just waiting for him to mature. They keeping telling me that he's just being a typical "wimpy white boy". Apparently, white males are the slowest to develop and just take their time learning to do all the things they need to. Jase, if only you knew what life will be like at home (way better than in the NICU!) you would just hurry up already!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Val - Well I actually got the blog address from Desiree Crowder who I believe goes to your church and may have gotten it from Jill. I saw you in their church once when I was visiting and that's when she realized I knew you. Such a small world, right? Feel free to check out my little one - she's going to be one soon. http://www.preciousdolly.blogspot.com Have a great evening!

Anonymous said...

Val - I LOVE the picture of Jase here. He looks so sweet!! I looked at that girl's websites - wow, she seems like a great photographer. Can't wait to see the pics!
Hang in there! I'm praying for you!

rachelle shaver said...

I love that you have a blogspot and I get to keep up with you and your family. I can't believe how light his hair is. Hopefully I will be able to meet him in person soon. You are in my prayers.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Val,
I'm so glad we were able to pull off the suprise baby shower and get you good:) It was fun to be together with the girls, and we knew you needed that. Plus...getting things for the baby is always fun, right?! We love you and pray for you all every day:)
Sara